Reception in the Honour of Nepalese 1st Winter K2 Ascent
Kathmandu 29 January 2021 The Embassy hosted a reception in the honour of Nepalese Winter K2 Ascent Teams who have successfully scaled K2 in Winter. It is for the first time in history that the “Savage Mountain” has been successfully scaled in winters, setting a new world record. The reception was held at Aloft Hotel, Thamel, Kathmandu. Mr. Dhananjay Regmi, CEO of Nepal Tourism Board, notables of Nepal’s Tourist Industry and senior officials also attended the reception/dinner.
Speaking at the occasion, Ambassador-designate Syed Haider Shah congratulated Nepalese climbers’ teams and praised their extraordinary success. Recalling the history, Ambassador Shah said that the previous six attempts to scale the world’s second highest peak in winters had unfortunately ended in failure. He commended the exemplary courage, tenacity and teamwork of the Indigenous Himalayan climbers in overcoming the odds and setting a new world record. Ambassador Shah presented souvenirs to the teams’ leaders Mr. Nirmal Purja and Mr. Mingma Gyalje Sherpa. Speaking at the occasion, the ascent teams thanked Embassy of Pakistan for their support, appreciation and recognition of their success. They also recalled the warm and memorable reception from the leadership and people of Pakistan.
क्याटेगोरी : पर्यटन
तपाईको कमेन्ट लेख्नुहोस्
- १चितवन सहित ९ जिल्लामा एसपी सरुवाको तयारी सुरु, चितवनमा कस्ले मार्ला बाजी ?
- २नेपालटारमा ट्राफिक कार्यलयको उदघाटन
- ३चितवनमा तीन जना प्रहरी घुस सहित पक्राउ
- ४चितवनका तीन जना घुमुवा प्रहरी मुख्यालय तानिए
- ५कपिलवस्तुमा एसपी अधिकारीको सात महिने : अपराधीक गतिविधि शुन्य, तस्करहरू भागाभाग
- ६झोरमा राप्रपाको अगुवा कार्यकर्ता भेला तथा अन्तरक्रिया कार्यक्रम
- ७आगामी तीन दिन देशभर हल्का वर्षा हुने
- ८राष्ट्रिय एकता